Here's the step by step procedure on how to install MS SQL Management Studio Express. If you are looking for MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager (client tool) install guide, clik it here. Let's begin:
- First download the MS SQL Management Studio installer (SQLServer2005_SSMSEE). Please note, x64 is a different file to download.
- Double click the install exe to begin the installallation.
- You will be prompted by a welcome screen. Click Next to continue.
- In Program Maintenance, select Modify, click Next
- In Feature Selection, click the down arrow to see which feature(s) will be installed. Click on Next.
- Ready to Modify the program, click Install, then wait ...
- When you see Completing the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express Setup, click Finish.
To test your installation, start the program.
- Click on Start check your All Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, select SQL Server Management Studio Express. It will start the program, please wait.
- Select the Server name and the Authentication (Windows or SQL Server login)
- then Connect
If you have the right db server name and login information, you should be able to connect to your SQL Server 2005.