You need to setup your domain name www A record to the CNAME (alias) with your unique adsense ID provided to you. Here's the step-by-step setup to use Google for Domains. (For this example, I'm using my enom reseller account and if you don't have enom reseller account, read this article http://reseller.king.net/ to get one).
- Login to http://www.enom.com/ website with your reseller account
- Click Domains (located in header menu). Scroll down and you will see the Quickly manage this domain.
- Type your domain name and click go. I will manage one of my domain name donatecash.com for this example.
- In donatecash.com page, click Host Records to edit host records.
- In Edit Host Records, you can make the necessary update.
- www CNAME (alias) pub-xxxxxxxxxx.afd.ghs.google.com.
- @ A Address 188.8.131.52
- @ A Address 184.108.40.206
- @ A Address 220.127.116.11
- @ A Address 18.104.22.168
- Click on Save to finish.
NOTE: The pub-xxxxxxxxxx is your unique identifier. You can get this information from your Google Adsense website.
How to add domains for your Google for domains?
- Login to http://www.google.com/adsense website.
- Click the Adsense Setup tab, click on Adsense for Domains.
- In Adsense for Domains page, you will see your unique identifier. You need this information as discussed above.
- To add donatecash.com domain name, click on Add new domains.
- In Add Individual Domains, type your domain name. In this example, I'm using donatecash.com domain.
- Select the language
- Click Add domain(s)
The newly added domain(s) will be in Pending tab, as well as your Active (approved domains), and Disapproved domains according to Google policy. Now wait for 30 minutes or so and check if your domain(s) is approved or disapproved.
If your domain names still in verifying ownership status, this means that the changes is not propagated to the Internet after the last checked of Google. You just need to wait, something it will take 4-28 hours to completely propagate the changes of DNS worldwide. In my experience here in North America, it will only take 4 hours. I think Enom DNS management doing it's job to quickly update my DNS records.
When your domain is ready, then go ahead open your Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to see your domain name if properly resolving. My donatecash.com domain name is now accessible and this is the default page of Google for Domains. You can customize the color of your text. Hopefully Google will improve this service in the future, maybe adding ways for us to update our template (look and feel of the website just like the google apps), etc.
Ok we accomplished one domain name, how about if you own hundreds of domain name. That's easy to implement using your Enom reseller account. Here's how to.
- Login to http://www.enom.com/ again
- Click on Domains, Bulk Tools, then click on Global Edit
- In Welcome to the Global Edit wizard, select Model Domain, click on Next
- In Step 2: What do you want to update?, select Host Settings, then click Next
- In Step 3: Which method would you like to use?, select "List" method (most cases), then click Next
- In Step 4: Add domains, type all the domain names you want to update or use the pre-fill list, then click on Next
- In Step 5: Select the "model" domain, type donatecash.com (I've used in my first setup) or click select from list, click on Next.
- In Step 6: Review and apply changes. You will see the summary of your action. If this is correct, click on apply changes.
Then go back to your Google for Domains (adsense) to add more domains. See it's easy to update multiple domain names to use Google for Domains.
Next is to see the revenue comparison between Google for Domains and domain parking companies that provides google feeds.