I have some useful links in my Favorites and I always make a point to keep a copy (backup). Here's a simple procedure to backup Internet Explorer (IE) Favorites.
Simple steps to backup your IE Favorites.
- In IE 7.0 or above, the Menu Bar by default is hidden. Let's show this option first. In your IE, click on Tools, then Menu Bar. You will be able to see File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help.
- In Menu Bar, click File, Import and Export.
- In Import/Export Wizard, click Next.
- Select Export Favorites, click Next.
- Select the Favorites folder you want to export, click Next.
- In Export Favorites Destination, Export to a file or Address, choose the location where you want to save your Favorite (Bookmark.html) . For example in your c:\temp\, click Next to proceed.
- Click Finish, then you will see "Successfully exported favorites".
Here's how to import your Favorites:
- Following HOWTO items 1 through 3 steps.
- Select Import Favorites, click Next.
- Select the location of your saved Favorites (bookmark.html file), click Next.
- Click Finish.
Then check your Favorites with your imported bookmarks.
I hope this help. Post your feedback and thank you.