Soon I will post another Domain Names Sold for Year 2009. Before that, let's go back to Top 10 domain names sold for year 2004 and see if the investment is going north or south.
1. CreditCards was sold $2.75M private sale. - It's a developed credit card website currently registered by CCRD Operating Company, Inc.
2. Mercury.com $700K private sale. - It is redirected to HP's Business Technology Software website. Currently registered by HP
3. Me.com $460K brokered by Moniker. - Mobile me of Apple
4. Rugby.com $350K private sale. - It's a developed website own by PRL USA Holdings, Inc.
5. Smoking.com $325K brokered by GreatDomains - Registered by Trentville Corporations N.V and it's currently parked domain.
6. Viajes.com $300K brokered by Sedo. - Whois Privacy active, it is also parked domain.
7. Arab.com $225K private sale. - Own by KuwaitNET Internet Service, it is also parked domain.
8. TourismAustralia.com $201K private sale. - Own by Australian Tourist Commission. Redirected to http://tourism.australia.com website. In my humble opinion, I will not spend $201K to buy this domain name. They already got the main domain Australia.com.
9. VisitFlorida.com $186K private sale. Own by Visit Florida, it is a developed website.
10. Commerce.com $180K brokered by Sedo. - Own by Anything.com Ltd, and parked domain.
The top 6 sold through private sales, 3 domains currently parked, and the rest are developed website or redirected to their products/services.
Worth it? Developed websites or parked, it's up to the balance sheet to decide if the investment is heading north or south.