This is a step by step guide to setup the Outlook Express to download your email from Exchange Server or other email host server.
- In your Windows XP, click Start, Programs, and click on Outlook Express
- In Outlook Express, click Tools, Account.
- In Internet Accounts, click Mail tab, click Add, Mail.
- In Internet Connection Wizard, type your Display name. For example, John Smith, click Next.
- Type your Email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org, click Next.
- In "My incoming mail server is a", select IMAP or POP depending which port is allowed to connect to your mail server. Contact your Administrator for assistance.
- Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server: For example, mail.king.net (your local admin can provide this information to you).
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server. For example, mail.king.net (again, your admin will provide this information)
- In Internet Mail Logon, type your username and password. Put check on Remember password. Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.
Now test your email setup. In your Outlook Express, click Send/Recv to see if you can download your messages.
How to Set Up Outlook Express. Retrieved last September 8, 2010 from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/oe/setup.mspx