Someone asked me about Game Development Tools, here are some software's that you can try, and most of them are free to download.
- Blender.org open source 3d creation suites available for windows or mac operating system.
- Gimp.org (good for graphics and textures)
- Daz3d.com free 3d Art software for a limited time.
- RakNet (http://www.jenkinssoftware.com) open source, C++ networking engine for game programmer.
- CryENGINE (http://mycryengine.com/) maker of Crisis, Warface, Far Cry, etc.
- Unreal Development Kit (http://udk.com/) used to make Gears of Wars and Infinity Blade
If you have something to share, post it here so I can update the list.