Skip to main content

Office365 can't share a calendar.

I'm still working with Microsoft customer service on how to resolve the issue of sharing calendar. Please see the attached captured image for.

If you experienced the same issue and able to resolve it, please share your solution.

Thank you in advance.

Update 1:
I logged in to http://portal.microsoftonline.com (or http://sqit.com/ms short URL), click the Resource Downloads link, and use option2 "Set up and configure your Office desktop apps". This will show you the number of important updates that you might need for your workstation. If you're up to date, you will not see anything here. In my case, I have 14Mb of update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Outlook). Hopefully, this update will correct this Outlook Calendar sharing issue.
Answer. This does not solve the calendar sharing issue.

Update 2:
I will try this suggestion.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2. Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.
3. Click Repair > Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.
Answer. This does not solve the calendar sharing issue.  No luck so far.

Update 3:
I also tried this suggestion by Microsoft Office365 support, but still no luck.

"when you share the calendar in outlook, search for the contacts in Global Address List then select them that way. Don’t try the email address. Try this step and let me know"

Problem Solved!
The previous Exchange Administrator forget to update the DNS CNAME record for "Autodiscover". So to fix the problem I added the CNAME record for autodiscover.

For CNAME record example:
autodiscover.whaddya.com CNAME to autodiscover.outlook.com

Troubleshooting:
I've used the website www.testexchangeconnectivity.com, click the Office365 tab select the "Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP)", click Next to continue.

In the Remote Connectivity Analyzer, enter your email address and password to "Use Autodiscover to detect server settings", verify, and click Perform Test.

It takes a few seconds (between 10-20 seconds) to give you a result.

If this helped you, please take the time to share this post by sharing using Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.


Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Social Networks

If you are planning to create your social network e.g. similar to Facebook. Here's a short list of alternative software's:

Open Source and Free​
http://buddypress.org/ - Wordpress (Open Source and Free)http://elgg.org/ - (Open Source and Free)Commercial Social Networks software
http://www.socialengine.com/ ($299 Stand Alone, $29/mo Cloud)http://www.jomsocial.com/ (run with Joomla, need to know CMS)http://www.boonex.com/ (very expensive, $399 for Standard)http://www.anahitapolis.com/http://www.oxwall.org/http://sharetronix.com/http://www.moosocial.com/http://www.jcow.net/http://phpdolphin.comhttp://www.grou.ps (from free to Commercial, I left my networks and they are selling it http://www.phpfox.com/ (I used this before, it's hard to maintain. I moved to NING but left too after it was sold to another company)http://www.ning.com (I don't recommend using this service, it's hard to export your data when it's time to move)Something to check when selecting your next soc…

Example of Out of Office Reply for Terminated Employee

This is a sample message that I used for terminated employees, unless HR staff specified a different message.
=== Example for KING.NET Employee === John Doe (employee or consultant) is no longer with KING.NET effective June 1, 2008 (termination date). For matters relating to "Project Name here" please direct your concerns to John Smith at johnsmith@king.net (Manager or Supervisor). For all other matters, please direct your email to Mary Smith HR at marysmith@king.net.
Please call our main office 703-345-6789 if you have other concerns.
Thank you.
=== end of message ===

Frequent Account Lockout in Active Directory

I have a user in Windows Pro 7, and Windows Server 2003 environment that is frequently account locked out. I tried many different scenarios to resolve this account lockout issue, from resetting his password, changing a new password, remove and re-join the domain, rebooting the workstation and active directory servers.

I tried to use the command prompt utility to run "rundll32.exe keymgrdll, KRShowKeyMgr" (case sensitive) to delete the account in Windows 7 password cache, and still no luck.

Still searching for answer ... Let me know if you encounter a similar issue in Windows Pro 7 and Windows Server 2003.

Continue reading updated post here:
http://www.whaddya.com/2011/09/windows-needs-your-credentials.html