Overview from Microsoft:
Windows 2003 Access-based Enumeration makes visible only those files or folders that the user has the rights to access. When Access-based Enumeration is enabled, Windows will not display files or folders that the user does not have the rights to access.
Where to download Access-based Enumeration?
Or search Access-based Enumeration from Microsoft website.
Installing Windows 2003 Access-based Enumeration Setup Wizard:
- Double click on ABEUI.msi file. Click Next to continue.
- In License Agreement, you normally select “I Agree” to proceed the install.
- Select the Installation Folder and choose Everyone, click Next to continue.
- Select “I will enable Access-based Enumeration on individual shared folders.” Click Next
- The installer is ready to install, click Next.
- Click on Close to finish.
Then what? Follow this procedure to complete.
- Create a new group or use existing group to manage folder shared security access. Add member to this group.
- Share a folder
- Right click on shared folder, properties. Here you will see a new tab named “Access-based Enumeration”. If you don’t see it, you need to install the program.
- Put check on “Enable access-based enumeration on this shared folder”. Click OK
- And test it.
That’s all, easy huh! If you still need assistance, visit http://www.RandomPage.com/group/Help post questions and someone will assist you.