Changing the default email address in Exchange Server 2003 is easy. Just add the new email address and set as default. But not in Exchane Server 2007.
Here's a simple steps to change your default email address in Exchange Server 2007 for your client.
- First open the Exchange Management Console
- Go to Recipient Configuration, Mailbox, double click on the user mailbox you want to manage.
- In User properties, click on E-Mail Addresses tab, click Add.
- In SMTP address, type the email address. For example, YourName@YourOwnBusinessName.com, then click on OK. You will see it added to your email address list.
- Still in User Properties, you will see the Set as Reply in grey color (or disabled)
- Uncheck the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on email address policy". You will the Set as Reply enabled.
- Now select the email address that you want to use as default or your primary email address.
- Click Ok to complete.
- You need to update the email address in your Active Directory (AD) for this specific user to make the changes.
If you ask, why uncheck the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on email address policy" and what is the effect to your email system?
Answer: Any changes to your Hub Transport policy will not be enforce to the users you uncheck the automatically update e-mail address policy.
If this is not accepted within your organization policy, then you need to create the user using the correct email address.