Here's a simple procedures on how to setup Outlook Anywhere using Outlook 2010 (MS Off9ce 2010 Professional).
- Start Outlook 2010 for the first time. You will get the Outlook 2010 startup message, then click Next.
- On the next screen, leave the default to Yes, and then click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup, click on Manually configure server settings, and click Next.
- On the Choose Email Service page, click on Microsoft Exchange, and click Next.
- On the Microsoft Exchange Settings page, enter in the name of the Exchange Server. For example mail.medialogy.com, click use Cached Exchange Mode, and Username: enter the user email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Next.
- On the General Tab, increase the Second Until Server Connections Timeout from 30 to 120.
- Click on the Connection tab, then check the box fo "Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP".
- In the top line, enter https://mail.medialogy.com (replace this using your company email web address) Check "On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP. Then make sure that "Basic Authentication" is selected under the Proxy authentication settings.
- Then just keep clicking OK and Finish where appropriate to complete the setup.
- When you start Outlook, you will be prompted for your username and password in "domain\username" format.
- The first time you setup Outlook, it will take a long time to synchronize all of your folders.
- You should be able to compose a message, send, and receive.
If you need assistance, please for comment or create a free help support at Whaddya.com website.