Vopium becomes available on all major Application stores - iPhone App StoreSM, BlackBerry App World™, Android Market, Nokia Download and Nokia Ovi Store
Copenhagen, 14 October, 2009 – Vopium, the leading international mobile communications company, has today announced that its award winning mobile VoIP application is now available from the Nokia Ovi Store portal following positive user feedback from a successful listing on Nokia Download. With the addition of Nokia Ovi Store to its portfolio, Vopium is now offering applications on all major application stores including BlackBerry App World™, iPhone App StoreSM, Android Market and Nokia Download.
To take advantage of significantly cheaper international mobile phone calls, all Nokia phone users need to do is simply download Vopium in one click via the Ovi Store on the handset or from the web based solution on www.ovi.com. Once downloaded, users will be able to create a Vopium account and immediately start calling international numbers, saving up to 90% on their traditional operator rates. All new users will receive 30 free minutes and 30 free international text messages (SMS) to any country in the world.
“Vopium on Nokia Ovi Store extends our commitment to offering all mobile users cheap, high quality international calls, said Tanveer Sharif, CEO of Vopium. “Vopium aims to help users to communicate across the globe and the Nokia Ovi Store application combined with our applications on iPhone, BlackBerry and Android helps us to bring this vision to life.”
Vopium’s award winning technology takes advantage of 3G, GSM and WiFi networks, and automatically re-routes calls via the cheapest available route enabling customers to save money when calling international numbers. Vopium users can also send low-cost international text messages using the standard Nokia SMS interface. Once downloaded, the Vopium application seamlessly integrates with the address book and intelligently recognises international numbers. When an international number is dialed, the call is made using the cheapest method available whilst also preserving the highest level of call quality.
Link to Vopium on Nokia OVI store: http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Vopium/
Vopium: The Key Facts
- Vopium is compatible with more than 900 handsets across Java, Symbian, BlackBerry RIM, and Windows Mobile, as well as offering complete applications for the iPhone App Store, Nokia Ovi Store, BlackBerry App World™ and Android Market
- Vopium is free to download at www.vopium.com
- Vopium re-routes international calls as a local call to a Vopium gateway and then via global traffic carriers as ordinary voice traffic in order to ensure high voice quality
- All new users are given 30 minutes of talk time and 30 international SMS for free
- Calling internationally with Vopium can result in up to 90 percent savings versus traditional carrier rates; for an overview of current pricing, visit: http://vopium.com/tariff
- Calls made through Vopium are always routed using the cheapest method while preserving the highest quality
- Vopium Wi-Fi users can call each other around the world for free
- Vopium users keep their own mobile number and SIM card, and maintain their numeric identity when making calls
- When a user calls from their home country, a local rate may be applied by their operator
- Synchronize and backup your contacts and calendar with Vopium Sync
Vopium is a carrier-grade mobile telephony service designed to offer affordable and reliable international calls from any mobile handset. By using the Vopium application on their mobile phones to make calls from their home country, consumers and businesses alike can save up to 90% on international mobile and landline calls. Unlike more restrictive mobile VoIP solutions, Vopium supports hundreds of handsets across Symbian, Windows Mobile, iPhone, Java, Blackberry Rim and Android. Vopium uses intelligent routing and connection technology which automatically and seamlessly delivers the lowest cost connection for any international call. Vopium has offices in